Random Junk: Periodic table column numbering

The website for your each and every need! Or at least every other one. Random Junk! © cuckooman4
If one of those needs is awesome scripts for Interactive Buddy, click here.

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Periodic table column numbering

I don't think it should go 1, 2, 3, 4... 16, 17, 18.

I think it should be:

1,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,3,4,5,6,7,8,2.

Why?

If you have just the first period (row), then H will be in group 1, and He will be in group 2.

But when you add another period, H will still be group 1, but He will become group 8, and there will be 6 more groups.

When you add another, it changes even more.

If you number them top-to-bottom instead of left-to-right, then it's easier to change when new elements are discovered.

And I'm psycho. I have no idea why I'm posting this.
______________________________
Uhh.... hi.

Comments:

Post a Comment


Scientists have to make it easy for STUDENTS to use, not the scientists themselves.

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous at 12/3/08 3:39 PM

 

I disagree. Most scientists aren't teachers.

Posted by Blogger Pandu at 12/3/08 4:20 PM

 

It wouldn't be fair for the educated to complicate matters for the uneducated.

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous at 13/3/08 3:37 PM

 

:(

You're good at this.

Posted by Blogger Pandu at 13/3/08 6:48 PM

 

Of course.

I'm the 5Up@h I337 H@xX0r d3B@T@h.

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous at 13/3/08 7:17 PM

 

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Monitor de LCD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://monitor-de-lcd.blogspot.com. A hug.

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous at 21/3/08 7:40 AM

 
Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger.
Nothing is here. Move along.